Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Heading into this new year is going to bring a lot of firsts for me. Yes, every new year brings new experiences into one's life, this is true for everyone. But as I look forward to the next year I look into unchartered waters. This will be the first year where I won't be a college student. For the first eight months of 2011, I will be a normal, working adult. It's really a frightening thought while at the same time being terribly exciting. The next year ahead will be a year of firsts, a year of completely new experiences. I have little or no precedent for these experiences. Although it is frightening, like I said, I'm looking at this new year with a new hope and a bright outlook. I refuse to worry about the things that I cannot control; I give it all to God and choose to follow Him as He chooses my path for this year.

With that in mind, here are my goals for this year, a sort of bucket list, if you will: things I want to do before 2011 kicks the bucket.
1. Write a book. Not necessarily finish it, but at least get a good draft done by the end of the year.
2. Update this blog at least once a week. I meant to do this when I started the blog. However, things like school and life got in the way. I've kept some sort of journal or blog of my thoughts for the greater part of my life, and I really hope to continue that so that I can continue to improve my writing skills.
3. Keep up with my cooking blog. http://www.nikkiinthekitchen.blogspot.com/
4. Keep in touch with friends better. As we grow older and start graduating college, we continue to get more and more seperated. I really do want to keep in touch with people better. Especially Megan, who is in Cameroon. Check out her blog: http://www.wouldbewritten.blogspot.com/
5. Dig deeper into the Word. I spent most of last year reading through parts of the Old Testament. It has been a great exploration that has truly strengthened my faith. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me this year through the revelation of Scripture.
6. Be healthier. I suppose the ultimate goal of this would be to lose weight, but that just sounds so cliche. All I really want to do is feel better about my body image, and shed that extra Freshman 15+ that I've gained through college. This begins with what I cook and Pilates/Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment